This sausage pizza uses Thai pork sausage. A steamed sausage you make yourself from good quality pork, making this pizza completely hand made. I've also added a little Thai chilli paste to spice it up, you can omit this if you don't like spicy foods.
30 gms Sliced Pork Sausage
30 gms Chopped Red Pepper
2 Tablespoons Chopped Spring Onion
2 Tablespoons Chopped Coriander Leaves
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Chilli Paste with Soya Bean Oil
1/4 White Pepper
2 Tablespoons Oil
2 Garlic Cloves
50 gms Grated Mild Cheese
Ingredients for Dough
100 gms Wheat Flour
1 Tablespoon Fresh Yeast
1 Tablespoon Oil
1 Level Tablespoon Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1. Mix the yeast with the sugar and 2 tablespoons of water, stir and leave it to foam for 5 minutes.
2. Mix the flour, oil, the yeast mix, salt and enough water to form a dough. Add the water a little at a time, and mix until the flour forms a stiff dough.
3. Knead the dough (pull and fold it repeatedly) to strengthen it.
4. Cover with damp kitchen paper and leave in a warm area for the dough to rise. I leave it for 30 minutes in the sun.
5. For the topping, heat oil into a frying pan.
6. Chop the garlic and add to the pan and fry for 10 seconds to just release the garlic smell.
7. Add all the other ingredients and fry for 2 minutes.
8. Heat the oven to 190 degrees celsius.
9. Roll the dough into a pizza shape.
10. Place on a baking tray and precook the base for 5 minutes, this will prevent it getting soggy when the topping is added.
11. Add the topping (but not the cheese) and cook for another 5 minutes.
12. Add the cheese and cook to just finish off the pizza.